Thursday, October 13, 2011

A new engraving



Here's the latest page in my sketchbook, along with a block bearing my chosen design in black ink. (in reverse of course, so that it prints the right way round). I shall begin to engrave today, hopefully it won't take long as it's only 7.5 cm x 12.4cm.

The block is an old one made of (I think) box wood and resurfaced by Chris Daunt.

The subject matter is one close to my heart (or perhaps I should say, my belly!); three bathing beauties bellyboarding in the summer surf. I love using my wooden bellyboard and I shall be down at the beach this evening after work, surfing on it and perpetuating a tradition that has been on these shores for at least 100 years.

I shall, however, unlike these brave ladies, be wearing a wetsuit!


2 comments:

Gillian Olson said...

Interesting post, I'd l;ove to see the results.

sea-blue-sky & abstracts said...

Very wise Sue! Love this latest design. Lesley x