Friday, March 26, 2010

First proof and the amendments to be made

Well, it's been a long time! I pulled this first proof two weeks ago, but at last I've had the time to consider the changes that need to be made. Overall I'm quite pleased with the way it has come out; it just needs a little lightening here and there to lend some definition and focus. One print, here on the left, I have left as it came off the press. The other has been worked on with white gouache.

You can see I've lightened the foreground figure as he/she was getting lost in the background. There are some roof lines more defined and the seagull. Then I've added more rain coming in and softened the horizon.

I'm going to keep looking at these over the weekend before I cut any further. I may lighten further areas.