Tuesday, November 09, 2010

Chips with (and over) everything!

All over my desk, teeny wood chips where I've been picking away at the block. I'm working on some fiddly areas that need  lots of stipples and texturing. Down at the bottom of the image I'm engraving the plants that cling to cliffs, samphire and candytuft. More tomorrow, unless an illustration job I'm expecting, comes in. Secretly, I hope not!

You may be thinking this is taking a long time....you're right, but it's quite a big block (7" x 5.5") and given the cost of wood at this size, I REALLY don't want to mess it up! Tomorrow I'll show it on the sandbag, alongside my tools, to give a better idea of scale.

6 comments:

Magpie Magic said...

Looks great. Amazing detail!

Sarah Wimperis said...

thats the dilemma, secretly wishing jobs away! naughty but nice!

Clive said...

It's always a treat to see your engraving, Sue. Love the perspective!

Annie B said...

Wow, amazing stippling work. I too can relate to the secret wish not to get the illustration job.

d. moll, l.ac. said...

Really coming along!!

MaRegina said...

wonderful work!