Tuesday, September 07, 2010

A starting

Alas (or thankfully for my bank balance!), the day job has lurched into life again and is taking my engraving time away. (For now.)But I've started engraving the new block. You can see I've painted some areas in white gouache on the block. This helps me to balance the lights and darks in my head as I go. Strictly speaking, I should paint all of the concrete pan that the man stands on, but I think I've done enough to settle things texturally in my brain. More soon!

2 comments:

Jan said...

I really like the perspective on this, and the depth given by the steps, which now I recall, appear in some of the previous prints, very effective.

sea-blue-sky & abstracts said...

It's looking really interesting already! Love the detail in the bottom left and right corners. x