Tuesday, August 10, 2010

The Old Lifeboat house

I've been working on a new idea for my next block. A few weeks ago we went walking down to the old lifeboat house at Lizard Point, Cornwall and I was taken by the viewpoints down onto the boathouse, fishing boats, clinging samphire plants and beach from the cliff path. I managed to take two photos before my camera batteries died on me, but it was enough.
The black area of sea I'm still thinking about. And the scribbled reminder in the margin is so that I don't forget to flip the design when I trace it to the block....an engraver's nightmare!

4 comments:

Sarah Wimperis said...

love that old place, this will be a goodun!

sea-blue-sky & abstracts said...

Oh yes, that's going to be great!

Jan said...

I love this little cove, looks a great composition.

Caroline Bray Art said...

Wow, your works are fantastic, Sue. They show real creativity and intellligence in the way you reshape your subjects to give them movement, life and energy. I'm really pleased I stumbled across your blog and I'm very much looking forward to following your works.