Friday, July 16, 2010

The finished print

 I should have been working, a stack of black and white illustrations need doing..... but I took a chunk out of the day to get this printed. It took several proofs with minor block tweaks before I was happy to go for the edition but I was done by 3pm; just enough time to get some of those dratted illustrations done!

 And now all I have to do is think of a title for it! Image size is 7.6cm x 9cm.

The building itself is based on a traditional Cornish tin mine engine house, the like of which dot the landscape hereabouts in great profusion. Everywhere you look are crumbling mine buildings. I think they're wonderful places, massively built like ancient castles, yet only a century ago these were working mines.

8 comments:

d. moll, l.ac. said...

Interesting piece of history charmingly recorded :)

Helz Cuppleditch said...

Wonderful Sue, there's something very magical and ancient about this piccie. Helz x

Annie B said...

What a sweet image. Once again it has the "energy" that seems to be always present in your work -- something in the way you compose an image that takes your eye for a lively tour around the piece. Nice work.

sea-blue-sky & abstracts said...

Well done, Sue, it's really turned out well - a faultless composition. Lesley

Phare-Camp said...

LOVE IT!

Daniel L. Dew said...

I like the angles and composition, it creates an effect that is quite pleasing. Well done!

Jan said...

I love it too, makes me think of passing time, ruins with new tenants (rooks), and peoples' lives going on with their daily routine, man building up and nature destroying what man has proudly made- I always have to make a story out of it!

Lynne Chapman said...

Your work is always so strong. Love this one, as ever.