Monday, May 17, 2010

The wall

This is Friday's engraving work. As you can tell, I've been dealing with the engine house wall. I gave this area a great deal of thought; it needed to be light, but darker than the snow. It needed to show a little texture, but not too much because of the size of the engraving. I think it will print ok, I'm happy so far.

I'm working now on the illustration work I mentioned before, but will carry on engraving a little at the end of each day till this is done. I'm looking forward to seeing how it proofs up!

9 comments:

sea-blue-sky & abstracts said...

The tree on the left looks good too and it's interesting to see the texture of the engine house wall unfolding. Bye for now, Lesley

Daniel L. Dew said...

Cool! I can't wait to see the final print.

Annie B said...

I love this image!

Lynne Chapman said...

Your compositions are always so strong. I love your slightly exaggerated perspective too.

MaRegina said...

wonderful work!

Ellen Shipley said...

I really like what you did with the steps. And the stonework.

Helz Cuppleditch said...

Gorgeous Sue! It's got such a wonderful texture and strength to it. Helz x

Alexiev said...

Great image... beatifull artwork... I like the style and the color.

Best wishes from Buenos Aires...

http://www.alexiev.com.ar

Proyectos - Illustrations

Alexiev Store - venta de originales

Keith said...

Love the visual quality of this as it stands. Great energy.

And I love the steps down, beautiful.