Sunday, May 09, 2010

And the next one please.....

The idea for this block has sprung itself on me very quickly and I'm really enjoying engraving it. I should be able to crack on with it this week, as I'm awaiting the brief for the next illustration job to come in.

Although the left side of the building has been shaded on the block, I have had a change of mind and the front will be the darker side, with the light coming from the left, instead. I've changed my paper rough accordingly but must be careful not to get carried away and forget I've changed my mind!

This is another resurfaced block. That dark blob going up the right hand side goes right the way through the block; not sure what it is, but the wood feels very slightly different under the blade there.

I have some more old blocks to get resurfaced by Chris Daunt, when I dig them out. I'd also like to try lemonwood and resingrave too.

5 comments:

PG said...

Looks like another good one! You are tempting me to want to have a go at this, but I have absolutely no feel for wood - and certainly no time to do it in!

Sue said...

Hee hee! Go on......you got me into doing this again in the first place!Know what you mean, tho'.....so many ideas, so little time!

PG said...

I shall stick to my needle felting and watch your progress with warm pride. :) Might do a bit of lino cutting this summer though.

Ellen Shipley said...

The idea of resurfacing is intriguing. Your block is certainly another dynamic one. Can't wait to see this one.

sea-blue-sky & abstracts said...

My goodness, you're racing through this one Sue - love your choice of lighting. Lesley