Friday, February 19, 2010

Not far now

I had a reasonably good day's engraving today. As you can see, I just have an area of cliff face to do and one or two other minor bits that I'm not happy with yet, plus what crops up after a trial proof. I have no idea whether I'm going to be pleased or disappointed with the proof print, but I do think I might have to lighten and define one or two areas a little. I'm as certain as I can be that it is going to be a bit of a pig to print, as it contains a lot of finely-cut detail...the photo doesn't show it at all well. Hey ho, that's engraving!

6 comments:

sea-blue-sky & abstracts said...

There's plenty to keep you interested, Sue - a real challenge. I'm really looking forward to seeing the proof! Bye for now, Lesley

Are you curious about me? said...

I shall pop back in a couple of days to look for the proof, it all looks fantastic from this end, maybe you worry too much.

~ Julie

Magpie Magic said...

Looks fab so far. There's so much detail and so much to see. Love it!

Jan said...

Very atmospheric, I look forward to seeing the proof.

Artoholic said...

That is going to be one fabulous print! It just looks so wonderfully sculptural.

Off to see more of your brilliant pieces here....

Cheers,

Cindy

Are you curious about me? said...

Hi Sue

How are things going? I've been waiting to seen your wonderful print, is it nearly ready yet?