Friday, January 29, 2010

A stage further along....

 


I've just spent over a week fighting off a cold; I tried very hard to work on this block but I just developed a stonking headache, so that was that till today. I feel a lot better now and was more than keen for another fruitful session engraving. 

I'm enjoying playing with textures on the roofs and walls. I haven't yet decided how to tackle the squally  shower coming in, watch this space! It won't be too long before I try a trial proof, to see how the cutting's getting along. Some places on the block I think will still be too dark and the purpose of proofing is to pinpoint any areas like that so that you can deal with them.

7 comments:

sea-blue-sky & abstracts said...

Hi Sue, the textures are lovely - I can imagine that the stormy clouds will be challenging. The scene is really coming to life now. I like its 'flow'. Bfn. Lesley

Magpie Magic said...

It's gorgeous already, can't wait to see what you'll do with the stormy clouds.

Hope your headache is all gone and you are feeling better.

PG said...

You get better and better, I love this one - I bet you get even more *Cornish-y* now that you are down there!

Sue said...

Thanks for the encouraging comments, folks.
Oooo arrrrr, Gretel!

Jan said...

I'm also fascinated to see the different treatments of walls, roofs and also the modelling on the weary figure. It will be very interesting to see how those marks relate to the look of the print. Go, Sue!

sea-blue-sky & abstracts said...

Hello again Sue, there's an award waiting on my blog, if you would like it. Bfn, Lesley

fhiona galloway said...

this looks great Sue!