Thursday, October 01, 2009

Interesting times.........


It's been a hectic, stressful time, since I last posted. We had our house on the market and now have accepted an offer! So there are huge wodges of paperwork to fill in and a surveyor checking out the house structure, little jobs to finish for the electrician and plumber. And the hunt is on for a new home in Cornwall. The shortlist is still much too long and our miniscule budget means that compromises have to be made. So sadly, the cottage of my dreams, the sort of thing I draw, that clings to the cliff and overlooks the sea in all it's moods, is just not going to happen. I always knew this, short of a lottery win, anyway!

We will not be more than a few miles inland, however...nowhere in Cornwall is very far from the sea. We may even end up tucked away in a small town, but it doesn't matter. We'll be in the place we have wanted to be for so long, we can surf and watch loads of enthusiastic rugby games, go to the fish market and the Tate St Ives and....my favourite printmaking supplier, TN Lawrences, will be on my doorstep! Result!

Now all we have to do is pray the sale doesn't fall through......

Good news in the meantime, a couple of my 'Dinner is Served' prints have sold out of the browsers, at the Society of Wood Engravers Annual exhibition. Very gratifying.

Engraving-wise, I've been finishing off my illustration work and have only done a little more to my block. But I'm taking my kit with me (including the headset magnifier, modeled above!) as we head down to Cornwall to house hunt. (Oh, and surf!) I should have something to show you when I return.

12 comments:

Chris.P said...

Whereabouts are you looking at moving to Sue?

sea-blue-sky & abstracts said...

Hi Sue, good luck with the move - hope you find somewhere really nice!

Sorry to say that Lawrences is closing soon, not sure when, though.

Good news about 'Dinner is Served'. Best wishes. Lesley

Jan said...

Great news about the sales of 'Dinner', and about the house offer, hope it all pans out.

Are you curious about me? said...

I am so envious, moving to Cornwall that is so exciting.

I hope you find the house that needs you soon I'm sure the right one will shine above all others.

I love your work, so full of energy, you will fit like hand in glove down there.

I will follow to see how you are getting on, good luck and best wishes from cold old Essex, I hope to follow one day.

Helz said...

Great news about the house Sue! And lovely to hear the prints have sold out... well done!! Helz x

Lynne Chapman said...

Aha, that's what it is! I thought the aliens had got to you...

Sue said...

Hi Chris, We've had an offer accepted on a house in Troon, near Camborne. Fingers crossed it all goes well!

Lesley: Argh, Lawrences closing? Just my luck! I went to their site today and it's shut as of now. :-(

Jan: Thanks for the kind words. :-)

AYCAM?: Thanks for the good wishes. I'm trying not to get too excited yet, I'm scared of jinxing it. It's happened before to us.

Helz: The print edition isn't sold out, I should be so lucky! I've sold several though which is pleasing.:-)

Lynne: I eat aliens for brekkie! ;-))

natural attrill said...

Good luck with the move Sue, you lucky thing, not far from the sea, fabulous!
Penny.

June said...

The wonderful thing about the blog world is that even when you move, you are still our on-line friend and neighbour :o)

I hope the house move is all happening without too much stress.

VIVI 情趣精品 said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Julie Howe said...

Hi Sue

This is a strange one, writing on a blog page that is positively ancient. But...

I remembered reading this post many years ago, thinking this is what we should be doing.. Dreaming and wishing that 1, we could, 2, we should and 3, one day we will.. I promised myself that if we ever made the leap I would write on this blog post so here I am.

Over the years I have followed your journey.. Day dreaming, whilst enjoying your print making and your Cornish journey, the photos have been a wonderful link to my dreams, that I have enjoyed from the other side of the country.

Well,this spring while having coffee in the Tate St Ives, we decided it's got to be now or never, so, we finally have! It's taken a bit longer than my heart wanted, not quite as brave as yourself. But we have finally up sticks and arrived in Cornwall just 4 weeks ago.. Feeling a little strange with out my friends and family, but enjoying every moment.

Dreams do come true.. Just wanted you to know that your blogs' have been wonderful and that I have enjoyed your Kernow escapades.

~ Julie.

Sue said...

Hi Julie,

What a surprise and pleasure to receive your post, and well done on your move to your dream location! Whereabouts are you?

I haven't updated my blogs for an age, there's too much stuff happening (all good LOL!) but maybe I'll get back on it someday. BTW, I love your rood screen!

Sue