Friday, September 04, 2009

Progress...

Here is the block as it stands. I'm amending and altering as I go, trying out textures and tones and generally just enjoying myself. I want to allow the background to be a bit gloomy, as if a showery squall was heading in to add to the figure's discomfort.

The Society of Wood Engravers' 72nd Annual Exhibition is now displayed online at their web page; click on the 'online gallery' button. My submission, 'Dinner is Served' is on page 10 and I'm pleased to see that they have used it also in larger form to embellish the page.


7 comments:

Jan said...

Great work Sue:-) I'm glad you've inked in the sea gull. Now I'm off to see the SWE show.

Annie B said...

Your piece looks great on the SWE web site! Congratulations!

Sue said...

Thanks Jan and Annie. :-)

sea-blue-sky & abstracts said...

Have just checked the Society's website - it's efficient and easy to navigate, your piece looks lovely, Sue. Best wishes. Lesley

Now I'm enjoying watching your latest project develop.

PG said...

I'm so glad you started engraving again! It is something I love the look of, but I have a bad relationship with anything wood and toolsy, so I am vicariously enjoying your triumphant progress.

MaRegina said...

WOWWW! I loved it!

Chris.P said...

So intricate. The style of your work is so much more interesting than alot of the stuff I see in St Ives. And nobody does does wood-block printing. I'm sure it would sell well here.

...need an Agent:¬)How's 30% sound?