Thursday, September 10, 2009

I have trouble thinking of titles!


I have awful trouble thinking up zippy titles to my blogs, which usually means I end up naming them something pretty lame like 'Progress!' and 'More progress!' Sigh........

I have stolen some more engraving time from my 'ordinary' work schedule and the block is taking shape. I rather enjoyed doing the texture on the stonework of the foreground cottage. At the base of it I have decided to add some dark foliage, as if there's a sunken courtyard garden down there.

I must away now and sharpen my burins, it's amazing how quickly they lose their edge.

9 comments:

Lynne Chapman said...

I love you work. Something about your distortions of perspective remind me of the wonderful Stanley Spencer.

Thank you for posting the stages in progress - fascinating for someone who is an illustrator but has no idea about printmaking.

Magpie Magic said...

The textures is looking great. I don't know how you do it. I'd always get confused by the things I need to cut out and the things I need to leave in. Love watching it grow, don't mind about the titles. :-)

Annie B said...

The textures on the stone are marvelous. I too love your every-which-way loose perspective.

For titling, I suppose you could resort to opening the nearest book, pointing your finger randomly and using whatever you read as a starting point. That might produce some fun words, probably totally unrelated to your post!

Maybe "More Progress" is just fine...

d. moll, l.ac. said...

The print is looking good!!!! Titles? looks to me like the key is in your copy; "Stolen Time" "Sharpening the Burin" "Taking Shape"......Anyway you always have such good pictures of your progress it's fun to hop over and see what's up:~)

Eli Griggs said...

I really like this print.

I suggest "Midstream Ruminations of a Cable Repair Man"

Eli

Jan said...

I love it too, with the cliffs and sea in the background and those cottages hanging on precariously, sort of slightly menacing. Seeing how you work is very instructive:-) Thanks for sharing.

Ellen Shipley said...

How about "Walking the Dog." ;- j

sea-blue-sky & abstracts said...

I agree with Sybille at Magpie Magic - it's just great to watch how the work unfolds, step by step. BFN. Lesley

Gordon Fraser said...

Coming on a treat Auntie Sue!