Friday, July 03, 2009

Ready for proof.

The block is cut as far as I want and I now need to pull a proof to make sure all is well. If I need to do any additional cutting, the proof should show me where. You can see from the scan above that I've brushed out all the white powder that I had rubbed into the engraved lines to help keep an eye on where I was cutting. You have to be very thorough about this and make sure none is left because it could make the ink clog the engraved lines or cause the prints to be spotty.

Hopefully I shall proof it tomorrow and blog the result as soon as the ink has dried sufficiently. If it needs any more cutting I'll mark up a proof and blog that, too, for the interested. And I have to think of a title...something I'm really not very good at!

And now, I must have a tidy up of my studio, because there's the detritus of a full working week, papers, briefs (not the sort you wear!) and reference books all piled on top of my press bed. Oh for a larger work space!

7 comments:

PG said...

Cor! How exciting! How nerve wracking! Can't wait to see what it turn out like.

Magpie Magic said...

It's lovely. I can't wait to see the proof. :-)

sea-blue-sky & abstracts said...

Me too - and the subsequent proof, if it comes to that! BFN. Lesley

Eric said...

suspense is killing me!!!! can't wait to see the proof!!

Annie B said...

I really like the composition. The courtyard scene is so intimate (even though someone is anxious to butt in!). Like everyone, I'm looking forward to the proof.
(Oh weird - Blogger wants me to type "a nest" to post this comment.)

Sharri said...

Love watching this develop and composition is wonderful. Can't wait to see the proof, like everyone else. Suggestion for title: Supper's Ready! Your seagull looks like he's acting as a dinner bell. ;-)

Sue said...

Thanks for the input, folks.

I like the title, Sharri! It's on the list of 'maybes'!