Friday, June 05, 2009

Sorting out the seagull

I was engraving this sitting on my meditation cushion, with the block raised on my burin box (on the coffee table) and the leather pad, using an anglepoise for extra light. It doesn't sound very comfortable but I was able to work for a couple of hours before my knees cried for mercy. I wouldn't normally work like this, but having been ensconced in my studio all day I wanted to keep hubby company in the sitting room. I think it worked well for the short period I needed.

Anyway, I managed to start bringing the seagull out. I shall take him so far but pull a proof before I lighten him too much. I can always engrave away a bit more if he's too dark, but I can't put wood back. I think he's coming along fine. Next, the courtyard scene.

5 comments:

Gordon Fraser said...

Beautiful work Auntie Sue!

natural attrill said...

I can understand that, as well as your husbands company, when you've been in your studio all day it must be nice to be in a different room as well.
Happy engraving Sue!
Penny.

Caroline B said...

It's looking great so far.

Ira Robbins said...

Really love the mood in this piece.

Sue said...

Thank you for your comments, all! :-)