Friday, June 12, 2009

More progress

I had a marathon session today, adjusted the seagull and concentrated on the courtyard scene. I had to get the magnifier out for the seated figure, my eyes aren't as good as they once were. Note the radioactive-eyed cat in the window! What do you think it's seen? I think I'll leave the uncut courtyard wall behind the seated figure as it is, as deep contrast. I'll decide for sure after first proof.

I've also moved one seagull down away from the distant houses and added another to the left. I don't think I've mentioned the size of the block but if you're interested, it's 9cm x 12.7cm (about 3 1/2" x 5" ).

It's been ages since I've worked with such enthusiasm and reluctance to pack up at the end of the session. The temptation to just cut one more passage........ but that must be it for today. My eyes are complaining and I have a nice glass of red waiting for me in the evening sun of the courtyard; a bit like this couple on the block. Hopefully no predatory seagulls lurking, though!

6 comments:

Diane Cutter said...

This is going to be a very exciting print... I'm enjoying the evolution and marvel at the small size of the wood.

Bette Norcross Wappner -- said...

Coming along wonderfully! You read my mind. I was going to ask what size it was. Definitely a challenging piece of detail in a small area. My eyes aren't what they use to be either. I like the background ocean inlet, too.
Bette Wappner

natural attrill said...

I see more in it each time, I love looking down at the seated figure.
Penny.

Jan said...

Sue,
I am interested in your Charlie print but can't see anywhere to buy or see a price, please contact me.
Thanks

Sue said...

Thanks, Diane, Bette and Penny, I'm really looking forward to the first proofing!

Jan, I didn't see a contact email for you,you can email me on sue at swill dot co dot uk. (substituting @ and dots for the words) (I'm afraid my Etsy pages have been neglected of late.)
thanks, Sue

natural attrill said...

i like the seagull!!
Toby.