Wednesday, November 05, 2008

Last proof and xmas card



I finally managed to get time to run off another proof of the rugby block. Cutting away the background further and lightening other areas has improved it enormously, I feel. Looking at it I feel it just needs the end of the ball lightening slightly as it's getting lost in the player's armpit. That'll be done Friday and hopefully I can start a print run.


The other important thing to get on the go is my personal Christmas card. I shall have to get it printed at a print shop as my own printer is on it's last legs, so time is of the essence now. Here's the line work, done bar a few details and extra bits I slip in. That's hubby and I walking the dog and son and his girlfriend admiring the tree. I shall probably insert a few more hapless souls before or during painting it.As usual it's on a Cornish theme. And as usual, I've used my Mac and Corel Painter to create it.

Incidentally, speaking of Painter, the Corel Painter official magazine Christmas issue contains a tutorial on how to create an advent calendar, all painted images and write up by yours truly! Get your copy from Nov 6th! ;-)

7 comments:

fhiona galloway said...

Cool Sue!
Like the palm trees in your xmas card design ad the pirate (?) ship!

natural attrill said...

Fantastic work Sue! I look forward to seeing it coloured up.
Well done for the magazine! I hope it all looks good in print.
P.x

Anonymous said...

Looking great, Sue, and love all the detail you've put in.
Can't wait to see it when it's finished.

Anthony.

Caroline B said...

So looking forward to seeing this finished - I do love your Christmas cards! I like the tin mine on the hill!

d. moll, l.ac. said...

Congrats on your write-up. The print is looking good, I see what you mean about the ball.....the players look quite exciting and active.

Anonymous said...

Looking forward to see your finished Xmas card. The last proof of the rugby players pic is just amazing - full of energy !!
sarah x

Gordon Fraser said...

Hey Sue! Sorry I haven't visited in a while....you know what its like!!

The rugby players is amazing! (I see it as two Celtic Warriors fighting...sports...it just ain't for a Gothtwin!)
You madam, are one clever bunny!