Thursday, November 13, 2008

Christmas card 2008


Here it is then.....shades of Barbara Hepworth's garden with a sprinkling of Cornish tin mine and coastal village goodness. Mart and I are walking the dog and son and his fiancée are admiring the tree. The pub is the Pentreath Arms, named after Dolly Pentreath, she died 1777 and was reputedly the last Cornish-only speaker. The seagull is obviously a Cornish Pirates rugby club fan and wears a club scarf to keep his neck warm.

I'm getting the card printed by a proper printer this time, as my poor old Canon is coughing it's last. I hope my friends and relatives like it!

8 comments:

fhiona galloway said...

oh that's better Sue-I can see more detail now. Lovely!

natural attrill said...

The glow from the window lights on the snow are so lovely, really atmospheric Sue.
P.x

d. moll, l.ac. said...

Oh, really lovely, lively, warm (and snowy too).

Annie B said...

It's so beautiful! Did you do this with Painter? Awesome. I want to be there.

Lynne Chapman said...

This is a lovely illustration. The lights make all the difference. Thanks for showing the process shots too - always interesting.

Gordon Fraser said...

C'mon Sue!!! WE DEMAND MORE ARTWORK!!

sea-blue-sky & abstracts said...

What a lovely Xmas card! Do you sell them as well as send to family and friends?

Sue said...

I'm seriously considering getting a set properly printed with envelopes and selling them.

This card I had got printed for myself and ordered extra copies done too as someone asked if they could buy 20. It worked out well.