Friday, October 17, 2008

First proof

I ran off a proof today to see how the print was looking. As you can see there are a few issues to deal with. The rugby player in the background has increasingly troubled me and on proofing struck me as a bit like a 'Mini-me' perched on the foreground player's shoulder! I painted onto the proof to try and knock him back further and he just looked like a phantom and I was being constantly distracted by him. So.......I think he has to go.


Other little adjustments include (as you can see where I've made notes on the proof) softening edges, defining the hand grasping the jersey and evening out tones. It won't be a long job and I hope to have 'proof mark 2' ready to show soon.

For now, it's clean up and go downstairs to make my favourite onion, bacon and potato hotpot (in a cheesy sauce) Yum!

5 comments:

d. moll, l.ac. said...

Yes, you are right he has to go.....besides now you have nice dynamic diagonal composition. I'm proofing crazily, but can't show yet (shhh, secret project).

Caroline B said...

Yes, he does look like a ghost watching them, I think you are right to get rid of him. The two main chaps look terrific though!

PG said...

Yes, do cut him out! Much better without him, much stronger - he's a bit sinister hovering in the corner...the ghostly ref!

Sarah and Jon said...

The chap in the background did look a bit spooky! It's looking great - I love the arm holding the ball.

Magpie Magic said...

I agree about the chap in the background, apart from that it looks fab - very dynamic.