Wednesday, July 30, 2008

A good session.

The block isn't far off completion and I have to say you 'see' before you a happy woman. I was a bit worried about the cutting of the area on the base mound of the thumb. My previous attempts at cutting long variable-width lines with the spitsticker have been...err...variable...but not in the right way! So it was with trepidation that I girded my loins and set to.

Well, what do you think of the lines? I'm pleased, very pleased. They went exactly how I wanted them to. Not only that, during the cutting, something in my understanding went 'click' as I raised and lowered the burin to vary the width...I feel I've stumbled up another step in the engraving learning curve.

This engraving session was meditative in it's intensity. Time simply flew by; I was unaware of how late it was. So much so that when I did happen to glance at my watch, I had to down tools and scoot to prepare supper for my homecoming menfolk, hungry from the rugby pitch training session. That's how printmaking should be.

2 comments:

d. moll, l.ac. said...

Looking good!!!!! When are you going to proof it?

Sue said...

Thanks! I hope to proof it tomorrow (Friday) or if not, the day after.