Thursday, April 17, 2008

Studio renovation

I'm still carving away at my block but will have about a week of disruption from about tomorrow. We're 'refreshing' various bits of the house in order to sell and move (hopefully I'll be able to have a bigger studio in the new place!) and it's the turn of the spare bedroom, aka my studio. So tomorrow the Mac and my work stuff will go to it's temporary home on the dining room table (I have a fair bit of educational work to do just now) and my press will have to bunk up on our bedroom floor. (We really don't want to carry it downstairs more often than necessary!)

Then Neil the builder will come in and skim the walls, paper the ceiling and put some new flooring in with new skirting boards too. After that I'll quickly throw some paint at the walls and move everything back. So I will concentrate on finishing the block ready to print. (If it comes to it, I may print while the press is on the floor! If my creaky knees will allow!) I'll still post block progress as I go so you can still 'watch this space'.

1 comment:

natural attrill said...

Good luck with it all, hope you manage to get your work done ok in the dinning room.
I'm looking forward to seeing the progress of your block, happy carving!
P.