Thursday, July 20, 2006

Scribble the first!

So there I was this morning, quite early on, sitting at my computer in my studio, and contemplating another cup of coffee before starting work. When something outside caught my eye...........
Man carrying large green armchair on his head! Not something you see every day in our little village. I had to sketch him. And thus was born the inspiration for this blog. Although our village is tucked away, we still get a certain amount of foot and vehicular traffic past our cottage. The regular school run, the teen knuckle-scrapers, old ladies passing the time of day, people pulling over to read a map or make a phone call. They're all fair game now! I'll post new scribbles as often as possible.

6 comments:

Debbie said...

Great sketch Sue!
And a brilliant idea, look forward to seeing some more colourful characters from your neighbourhood in the near future.

natural attrill said...

Could you carry this on? as well as the next view from the window, before that, expand on this view, who is the man, whats he doing with the sofa? I can see a book developing here with your lovely illustrations to go in it too!
Penny.

Gordon Fraser said...

HAHAHA! That's how I feel when I've had to many alcipops!!

Sue said...

Thanks, folks. It's certainly refreshing to sketch fast.......without an 'undo' button!
I'm sure the idea could be developed further; I must do some more sketching and see where it takes me.
Hee hee, Goth, you should stick to the babycham, like me! ;-)

suzanne said...

This image is so whimsical. I really, really like it. Too bad you aren't moving...it would make a great announcement!

Sue said...

Hee hee, what a good idea!